SILVERSTORM SILVER MEMBERSHIP
About "The Open Group"
The Open Group standards and certification programs for Enterprise Architecture have been adopted worldwide. Members involved in their evolution gain access to relevant knowledge, resources and experience, and have the opportunity to network with a world-class community of experts and peers. This enables them to grow professionally, gain personal recognition, and establish professional contacts. Enterprises using these Open Group standards say that they benefit from using the most prominent, useful, proven and tested EA standards and certifications. Having staff and business partners alike all speak the same language saves both time and money, and the certification programs are both a benchmark for hiring and a valuable element of staff development programs.
The Open Group Mission Statement
The mission of The Open Group is to drive the creation of Boundaryless Information Flow™ achieved by:
- Working with customers to capture, understand and address current and emerging requirements, establish policies, and share best practices
- Working with suppliers, consortia and standards bodies to develop consensus and facilitate interoperability, to evolve and integrate specifications and open source technologies
- Offering a comprehensive set of services to enhance the operational efficiency of consortia
- Developing and operating the industry's premier certification service and encouraging procurement of certified products
Open Group members lead the development of IT standards
Our Members participate in The Open Group through highly influential Forums and Work Groups that address a comprehensive range of technical, business, legal and regulatory issues. Each Open Group Forum and Work Group focuses on a specific area, and provides an objective and legal environment where members collaborate on developing standards, certifications and best practices in their areas of interest and expertise.
This participation gives members of The Open Group early access to the latest information on IT standards and industry developments, and provides valuable insights that inform their organization’s direction and strategy. Members of The Open Group also take advantage of the opportunity to:
- Network with a world-class community of peers, experts and industry leaders
- Share lessons learned and avoid market miscalculations and obsolescence
- Influence outcomes that benefit their organizations
- Grow professionally, and enhance their credibility as industry thought leaders