ServiceNow Fundamentals is a three-day course taught both as Instructor-Led Training (ILT) and Virtual Instructor-Led Training (VILT) in timezones throughout the world.
The ServiceNow Fundamentals course will summarize fundamental platform features by:
- Describing the ServiceNow user interface,
- Providing a summary of the database schema,
- Demonstrating uses for commonly accessed applications, and
- Introducing advanced functionality, such as scripting and application development
The course weaves a scenario throughout to present real world, relevant lab exercises. The class features lecture and group discussions, as well as extensive hands-on practice and reinforcement delivered in a variety of labs.
- Module 1: User Interface & Navigation
- Module 2: Collaboration
- Module 3: Database Administration
- Module 4: Self-Service & Process Automation
- Module 5: Intro to Scripting & Application Tools
Performance Analytics Fundamentals
During this two-day interactive training course attendees will learn best practices for using and administering the premium ServiceNow Performance Analytics application.
A combination of course content and lab work helps attendees learn to:
- Explore the Performance Analytics data structure
- Use Performance Analytics Visualizations including: Scorecards, Dashboards, Time Series, Targets, and Forecasts
- Manage Performance Analytics Roles
- Generate Automated Indicators
- Create Manual Indicators and populate Scoresheets
- Build Formula Indicators
- Construct Breakdowns, Elements Filters, and Bucket Groups
- Set up Data Collector Jobs
- Work with Dashboards and Widgets
Who Should Attend? This course is designed for ServiceNow administrators.
Prerequisites. Attendees should have completed the ServiceNow System Administration course and have some experience with ServiceNow; advanced experience is not necessary.
System Administration Advanced
The System Administration Advanced course teaches about the robust controls in the base instance in modules and labs to reinforce daily tasks. Course labs are designed step-by-step to facilitate application of concepts.
This course explores ServiceNow application and how it's defined. It continues by covering the components of an application, focusing on application scopes and the different types of application data. The course continues on by examining reporting. It examines how ServiceNow reporting enables the user to create and distribute reports that show the current state of instance data, such as how many open incidents of each priority exist followed by data hygiene and the importance of maintaining the system humming, which also provides better user experience. The course wraps up by reviewing ServiceNow integrations with many third-party applications and data sources.
The System Administration Advanced course will prepare administrators through advanced concepts by:
- Identifying ServiceNow applications and application components
- Explaining the difference between application configurations and customizations
- Describing best practices for reporting efficiencies within the ServiceNow platform
- Identifying various factors affecting performance
- Discussing different data paths into the ServiceNow platform
ServiceNow Platform Implementation
ServiceNow Platform Implementation Training enables attendees to successfully implement core ServiceNow functionality to meet customer business requirements and serves as foundational training for implementing line-of-business applications.
This course covers common technical aspects of an implementation and provides practice working as part of n deployment team. This mix allows attendees to learn tactical skills and responsibilities required based on their role as well as develop a holistic view of all team roles and responsibilities.
Using hands on labs, activities, lectures, and simulations, students build on existing knowledge and skills by applying implementation best practices, covering:
- Using common resources to learn about ServiceNow
- Core system setup, including configuration management database (CMDB)
- Supported authentication options
- Application security and encryption
- Configuration best practices and design principles
- Integrations, including LDAP, Single Sign on, and Integration Hub
- Instance Management and data hygiene
- Automation with Flow Designer
- Virtual teaming
- Testing with the Automated Test Framework
Working in teams with development and test instances, students will experience:
- Hands on implementation based on functional requirements
- End to end sprint cycles, including planning, execution, and review
- Go live preparation
- Deployment of code to a test instance
IT Service Management Fundamentals
In the ITSM Fundamentals course, students explore the lifecycle of ServiceNow ITSM applications, from a Persona viewpoint - the perspective of the stakeholders and people who use the applications every day to do their jobs.
Course focuses on the baseline capabilities and the touch points between these ITSM applications:
- Incident Management
- Problem Management
- Knowledge Management
- Change Management
- Request Fulfillment and Service Catalog
- Configuration Management
At the end of this course, students will have the resources, knowledge, and experience necessary to:
- Create, and work records, through each of the covered ITSM application lifecycles
- Demonstrate each application lifecycle, from a Persona viewpoint
- Articulate the value and the baseline features of each of the covered ITSM applications
- Start thinking about the key decisions to be made during the implementation of these ServiceNow ITSM applications
Prerequisites. ServiceNow Fundamentals or The ServiceNow Foundations eLearning course - six modules that introduce the ServiceNow platform and interface.
Human Resources Fundamentals
The ServiceNow® Human Resources Service Delivery (HRSD) application automates standard HR processes within your organization to eliminate the number of checklists, email exchanges, and phone calls performed by the HR team. Learn how to configure and administer the ServiceNow HRSD application. During this two-day interactive training course, attendees will gain in-depth knowledge and practice in configuring and using the ServiceNow HRSD application. A combination of course content and lab work will help attendees learn to:
- Review the ServiceNow HRSD solution and its capabilities
- Configure HR criteria, User criteria, document templates, and HR Profiles
- Define and manage HR Services, Categories, HR Service Catalogs, Catalog Items, and Lifecycle Events
- Configure HR Case and Task Templates
- Create HR Knowledge articles and learn about the Knowledge Management lifecycle
- Explore Skills and auto-assign HR Cases based on skills
- Learn about the security constraints that determine access to HR data
- Gain practical knowledge of HR Case Management and HR surveys
- Drill into results via reporting and dashboards
Human Resources Implementation
The Human Resources implementation training course provides a best practice approach to configure HR using base instance functionality. Designed and delivered by implementation experts and developers with hands-on labs for System Administrators and HR Administrators with the Delegated Developer role. The course includes a review of changes introduced with the current release, in-depth implementation steps, tips and tricks, and demonstration/discussion of features.
Prerequisites – Mandatory
- ServiceNow System Administration / Platform Fundamentals
- SAIF Fundamentals
- ServiceNow Implementation
- ServiceNow HR Administration / HR Fundamentals
Prerequisites – Optional
- ServiceNow Scripting
- ServiceNow Integrations
ServiceNow Scripting Fundamentals
- ServiceNow Fundamentals course
- Certified System Administrator preferred
- Familiarity with database tables and columns